If you want to work as a doctor in Germany, you will need a state license: the “Approbation,” or, in the first step, a professional license. Each federal state’s respective medical associations are responsible for this. We offer you a wide range of support:
- Preliminary assessment of the doctor’s situation (in person or via Skype). In this first conversation, we clarify the doctor’s objectives, e.g. continuing training opportunities, specialization, and chances on the job market. After, we explain the procedure for obtaining a license to practice medicine (prospects, necessary documents, application procedure, etc.), taking into account the differences in individual federal states. For this initial consultation, we charge €75 per consultation hour. If the prospective client decides to book our service, the consultation is free of charge.
- Preliminary check of your documents (university degree, timetable, missing documents, CV, etc.)
- Support during the entire approval process. If necessary, this can also be done before you are in Germany. We will regularly contact the authorities and clarify all questions directly with them before applying for the license. We will help you compile all of the necessary documents and inform you about the validity periods for these documents in Germany. We will accompany you to meetings with the competent authorities whenever necessary, submit your documents with you, and support you during counselling interviews with authorities.
- Translation of your documents. If possible, we can translate your documents ourselves and have them certified by a sworn translator, for an additional price. Otherwise, we will be happy to find a suitable translator and put you in contact with them.
- Work shadowing: We will assist you, free of charge, in finding a suitable work shadowing position in a hospital, taking your area of expertise and personal preferences into account.
Individual preparation for professional language examinations at the medical association
More and more hospitals employ foreign doctors. The conditions for admitting foreign doctors in Germany have changed considerably in recent years. In the future, professional language examinations will be administered by medical associations in order to obtain a license to practice medicine and other professional licenses. This will ensure a consistently high quality standard.
We will prepare you for these examinations in customized individual training sessions! For this purpose, we will have a detailed initial interview with you before the course begins. Based on the interview, we will create an individual curriculum that will ideally prepare you for your examination with the medical association.
- The course focuses on three examination situations: medical history (anamnesis) interviews, patient presentations, and doctor’s letters. On a practical level, we will also practice handling misunderstandings and other intercultural and communicative challenges.
- Our course is led by a teacher specialized in medical German (parts of the course can be conducted by a physician, if desired).
- In addition to technical language, phonetics will also be trained.
- Consultation with the head lecturer before the beginning of the course (€29 – this will be deducted from the course price when booking)
- Duration: individual, depending on your previous knowledge and needs
- Start: anytime
Conditions for participation:
- Very good German language skills (B2 level or higher). Previous knowledge of medical German is recommended.
Do you have questions or need a quote? Contact us by email – we look forward to your message.